SKIN TREATMENTS AT SIMPLY RADIANT IN ESSENDON
First-time clients often have several questions relating to facials. They are often misinformed about how a facial is preformed and why every facial is different to target certain skin concerns. Here are some of the commonly asked questions. The answers are provided by our experienced therapist’s here at Simply Radiant. Once you are able to understand how facials could be useful, you may schedule an appointment with the most educated therapists in Essendon for effective facials.
All the skin treatments that we offer at Simply Radiant in Essendon
Your skin is unique, and your skin treatment should be too. After your thorough skin consultation, your skin expert will create your custom skin journey plan to address concerns like dryness, dullness, signs of ageing, uneven skin tones, congestion, breakouts, enlarges pores and problematic skin. With customized treatments, plus your home care plan, you can expect to enjoy radiant , healthy glowing skin in 90 days.
Click on the links below to find out more information about each facial that Simply Radiant has to offer.
- Chemical peels
- Skin Needling
- LED Light Therapy
- 3 in 1 Super Anti Ageing Facial
- Pigment Blast Off (Pigmentation Removal)
- Laser Carbon Facial
- Laser Toning Facial
What is a facial?
A facial is a effective skincare treatment that involves cleansing of the skin using light massage movements, followed by a deep exfoliation to buff away at any dry or dehydrated skin. A light massage with either oils or creams to stimulate the facial muscles, increasing blood flow to the area. To finish it off a facial mask is applied to the area which enhances your overall skin health. Facials are about promoting skin health and maintaining a regular home skincare regime.
How much does a facial cost?
When you book a facial at Simply Radiant in Essendon, you’re not just booking in for a 30, 45 or 60min treatment of cleansers, masks, and serums being applied to your face. The price tag comes down to the products, techniques and technology being used, plus the level of expertise of the therapist performing your treatment. Simply Radiant provides a wide range of facials starting from $129.
What do I have to do before a facial?
If you are new to facials and skin treatments, it is best to book in for a skin consultation with one of our experienced skin experts. The skin is much more complex than what can be seen with the naked eye. That is why we use a advanced skin analysis technology known as Observ 520 during our professional skin analysis. Our advanced technology will be able to view any blemishes, fine lines, wrinkles, redness, oil flow, dryness and uneven skin tones in depth. This allows us to better understand your unique skin, to treat existing concerns, and even address underlying concerns before they become visible.
Want to know more about our Skin Consultations ‘click on the link’
- Home care. Before you arrive to your facial appointment it is important to remember the names of the skin care products that you are currently using at home. Bring a list if you need to, so your can discuss it with your therapist. Having these details will definitely help your therapist in making recommendations to either add or remove from your home care routine.
- All medications can have an effect on your skin, this is very important to discuss with your therapist before hand to ensure the ingredients in our Ultraceuticals Products will not have a reaction with your skin and your medication.
- Stay out of the sun and away from any spray tans for at least 5 days before your facial. Depending on the facial being preformed any sun damage can lead to further damage to the skin. Sun damage and facials do not mix and should always be avoided.
- If you are currently using any active ingredients in your home care routine at the moment such as Vitamin A (Retinol), an essential nutrient that supports skin, eyes and the stimulation of new skin cells to promote collagen, and any exfoliating products such as granule exfoliants, or chemical exfoliants that removes the built up layers of dead skin cells and excess oil using exfoliating acids, must be avoided 2 – 3 days prior to your appointment to avoid over working the skin and potentially causing further damage to the area.
- Wear your make-up. Or don’t either way your therapist will cleanse your skin as part of your consultation, or to any of our facial treatments.
- Are you getting your skin ready for a big event? Such as your wedding? If you’ve never had a facial before and don’t know how your skin is going to respond to it. Allow a good 3 months before your event to give your skin the appropriate amount of time to see any major improvements. Scheduling follow up appointments every 2 weeks from your consultation is very important for both you and your therapist to see how your skin is developing with your new skin workouts, and whether your facials needs any adjustments for the better.
- Be prepared to discuss your skin concerns and any skin goals that you might have. Your therapist at Simply Radiant is a licensed expert in skin and skin care.
What do I have to do after a facial?
All facials at Simply Radiant leave your skin feeling and looking completely rejuvenated. Your therapist has most likely removed all the dead skin cells that were sitting on the surface of the skin with either a scrub or chemical exfoliant to clear and unclogged the pores, and applied multiple treatment lotions to target your skin concerns. After a deep treatment, the skin becomes temporarily sensitive to the touch and without the proper care after your facial all the hard earned money and time you have put into your facial becomes voided. Luckily Simply Radiant have a few simply instructions on how you can care for your skin and prolong its glowing appearance after any facial treatment. Read on to find out how to do this.
- Stay out of the sun!! Following a facial treatment, you must make a conscious effort to avoid direct sun slight to the area. Yes, the sun may give you its essential Vitamin D, however your skin in now extra sensitive, exposing yourself to the sun will only damage your skin further. Please use a good SPF sunscreen such as, (Ultraceuticals UV Protective Daily Moisturiser SPF 30+) to avoid damaging the skin.
- Do not wash or touch your face. At least until the following morning after your facial. Your skin has just been thoroughly cleansed, which means the pores are open and the skin is now raw to the touch. If you can hold out for 24 hours without touching or washing your face after your facial your skin will love you.
- Avoid wearing makeup. It’s just for a little while that your skin needs to breathe before anything else is applied to the cleansed area. Your pores have just endured a heavy clean from your facial and are now recovering, so putting makeup on right away will block the pores and heavily damage the skin. Do not panic, if you have an event and need to wear little make-up that evening, just apply your (Ultraceuticals Protective Antioxidant Complex) is product visibly helps reduce signs of premature ageing by helping to minimise free radical damage and protects against environmental aggressors. The texture of the product will make a perfect make-up primer and will avoid any makeup or dirt from getting into the pores. Just ensure that you’re using clean brushes and fresh sponges also.
- Stay hydrated, We cannot stress enough the importance of keeping yourself hydrated after undergoing any facial treatment. Your body needs 2 litres to water daily to be able to stay hydrated, and flush out any toxins, which result in a cleaner, brighter complexion. If you are one of those people who drink plenty of water your skin will definitely show it, by having a glowing after facial look for longer.
- Avoid having hot showers and using sauna’s after a facial. They defeat the purpose of a facial by cleaning out and steaming your skin in the first place. Heating up your skin more will only dehydrate the area and strip away that natural glow that we have just formed from your facial.
- Avoid using active ingredients in your home – care routine such as (Retinol, Alpha Hydroxyl Acid and Vitamin C) for at least 3 – 5 days after your facial, this will further prevent irritation and redness to the area.
What are the benefits to having a facial?
If you think that facials are nothing but an hour of pampering and money wasted in the clinic, think again. Your skin is missing out on something that’s it truely needs to stay healthy and looking youthful. If you are lucky and do not show any blemishes, pigmentation, acne or any other concerns, this doesn’t mean that your skin is truely happy and healthy. Your Skin needs to be pampered by a professional skin expert to keep your skin free from these conditions. The best way to find out what your skin needs is with the help of one of our skin experts here at Simply Radiant. We will be able to help you truly understand your skin and the amazing benefits to our skin treatments.
Prevents ageing. Admit it no one is getting younger with each passing day. Regular facials will stimulate the generation of new collagen and elastin fibres. Resulting in a firmer, tighter, younger more youthful complexion for a longer period of time.
- Massage moments throughout a facial will improve the blood circulation in the face this means that the cells will generate more oxygen and nutrients to the area for a healthier more plump looking complexion.
- Exfoliating your skin. The skin is constantly producing new skin cells, allowing for the dead cells to shed away. However as we age the process slows down and finds it very hard to get rid of the old skin. The exfoliation side to a facial is very important for that matter which is why regular facials are necessary.
Reduce acne. Acne breakouts have become a very common problem. Unfortunately, a few of our experienced therapist here at Simply Radiant have suffered once from acne in the passed. Now that they have overcome acne they want to help those with the same concerns by sharing their pasted experience and what helped them improved their skin. If you suffer from acne just know that you are not alone. We understand the stress and heartbreak it can cause for an individual. The right facial and the correct home care will definitely improve ones acne.
How often can I have a facial?
Simply Radiant’s skin experts recommend to their clients that they should have a professional facial every two weeks towards the beginning of there skin journey. Once the skin starts to improve in its health then the facials can be pushed out to three – four weeks. This is how long it takes for the skin to move though the full life cycle of skin cell growth and exfoliation. A facial helps that process along.
Can I have facials when I am pregnant?
Having a facial during your pregnancy can be beneficial for you and your skin. Yes – there are a few things to watch out of during your pregnancy such as avoiding all active ingredients in your home care routine, electric current and staying away from chemical peels or laser therapies. Facials can be safe for both you and your baby as long as you stick to a very basic yet strict cleansing facial that doesn’t require any harsh movement and over exfoliating products.